Detailed process design for a batch production area solvent (ethanol) recovery system.
BATCH CHEMICAL PRODUCTION FACILITY ETHANOL RECOVERY SYSTEM DETAIL PROCESS DESIGN
The client owns and operates a batch specialty chemical production facility. A conceptual process design had previously been completed by the client for a solvent (ethanol) recovery system for one of the batch production areas. Process Engineering Associates, LLC (PROCESS) was contracted by the client to execute a detail process design based on the conceptual design for the system.
PROCESS completed the following project tasks:
- Preparation of a preliminary piping and instrumentation diagram (P&ID) for the solvent recovery system depicting process controls, primary process piping, and adequate unit operations detail to support equipment specifications preparation
- Preparation of detailed equipment specifications for the solvent recovery system major unit operations
- Facilitation of a project review meeting at the client’s facility to review the detail process design documentation
The major unit operations associated with the solvent recovery system included solvent storage tanks, waste solvent tanks, a solvent day tank, and associated pumps. Specifications information included process flow rates and compositions, utilities flow rates, performance requirements, design temperatures and pressures, required materials of construction, dimensions and weights, required instrumentation, mechanical design details, and required vendor submittals.
The detail process design package was utilized by the client for additional detail design, capital cost estimate preparation, and equipment and instrument procurement.
- Batch Specialty Chemical Production
- Detail process design
- Equipment specifications preparation
- Basic Engineering Package (BEP)
Copyright © 2017 Process Engineering Associates, LLC. All rights reserved.