Provide a wide variety of on-site process engineering support for a major global refiner.
PETROLEUM REFINERY ON-SITE PROCESS ENGINEERING ASSISTANCE
The client owns and operates a petroleum refinery in the Western U.S. as part of a circuit of refineries located in the U.S. and throughout the world. Process Engineering Associates, LLC (PROCESS) was contracted to provide a variety of on-site process engineering assistance over the better part of four (4) years. Individual projects/tasks/assistance completed or provided included:
- Process engineering specifications and design for over 80 process stream sampling stations to meet Leak Detection and Repair (LDAR) requirements. The sample stations included low pressure gas to flare, fast-loop gas, zero waste liquid, and fast-loop liquid samples.
- Process engineering design to revamp a fresh/spent caustic tank system into a segregated system with limited possibilities for cross-contamination. This effort was coordinated with a large capital project requiring pure caustic for environmental purposes. The design was primarily concerned with piping and valving modifications to achieve the objective at minimum cost and schedule.
- Process design and on-site support for the second phase of the refinery-wide flare mitigation study. This phase of the project was to complete the process design package for the project so that detail mechanical design could proceed.
- Process design and on-site support for the third phase of the refinery wide flare mitigation study. This phase of the project was to review final detail design, participate in the Process Hazards Analysis (PHA), conduct process evaluation of a third-party amine treatment system for the recovered flare gas, and continue operator training and support for the refinery flare mitigation plan and procedures.
- Process engineering support for the refinery on an as-needed basis. The variety of projects included: design of a fully contained high pressure compressor blow down system; onsite support of a Hydrocracker catalyst load; design and onsite support of an HF Alkylation unit chemical cleanout; designs to correct various relief valve discrepancies in the FCC, Hydrocracker, and Hydrogen units; and process evaluation of all refinery chemical injection systems to determine the risks of contamination of refinery products.
- On-site training of client junior process engineers on an as-needed basis.
- Petroleum Refining
- Operations support
- On-site process engineering
- Process engineering staff training
Copyright © 2016 Process Engineering Associates, LLC. All rights reserved.