Evaluation of municipal water treatment plant capacity and design of modifications needed to double the current throughput.
WATER TREATMENT PLANT CAPACITY UPGRADE EVALUATION
The client owns and operates a public water treatment plant that is nearing its current design capacity. Process Engineering Associates, LLC (PROCESS) was contracted to perform an engineering evaluation to determine the facility’s original capacity design basis and the facility and equipment modifications that would be necessary to achieve an approximate doubling of the current throughput. Project tasks included:
- Process design and regulatory compliance review
- Upgraded capacity process design basis development
- Equipment and facility modifications/issues development
The process design and regulatory compliance review included an assessment of environmental and safety regulations to determine applicability to the client’s operations. PROCESS performed facility hydraulic calculations to determine system maximum capacity given the State’s design criteria and regulatory compliance constraints. These calculations and guidelines formed the design bases for the expanded facility. Required equipment and facility modifications were determined and order-of-magnitude capital costs were estimated to assist the client in determining the scope and cost for a proposed expansion of the water treatment plant.
The final process design report delivered to the client and presented to its Board of Directors included:
- Regulatory compliance findings
- Process design basis summary
- Upgraded capacity operational and maintenance considerations
- Facility/system modification requirements and considerations
- Conclusions and recommendations
- Municipal Water Treatment
- Regulatory compliance expertise
- Water treatment plant design
- Plant debottlenecking and throughput upgrade analysis
Copyright © 2016 Process Engineering Associates, LLC. All rights reserved.